Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

The landlord ast to vacate it because of late in payment

Customer Question

the landlord ast to vacate it because of late in payment okaynow if you are I disabled and have medical problems is it great day can't kick you out without warning
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the landlord has given you written notice to vacate because of non-payment of rent and you do not pay rent due, then the next step the landlord has to take is to file suit against you for eviction and serve you the suit. You then have to appear in court and the court will order you to leave if you have not paid rent, even if you are disabled I am sorry to say.
What you need to do before anything happens is to contact social services, the local housing department and also the local community organizations and churches to seek some rental assistance to get caught up to avoid being sued for eviction.