Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Owner sliders above are leaking into our unit ( time); she

Customer Question

Owner sliders above are leaking into our unit (long time); she refuses to repair and/or remove sliders for inspection and/or repair. One cause of leak is also no run-off on —seepage... then down to our unit. both pointing fingers of responsibility. What to do. How to file against board insurance and how to file against owner above for time and damages $25K. please. thank you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Am I correct that you live in a condo in FL? What has the Board said about your complaints? How do you know it is from the upstairs sliding doors and not seepage?