MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My question is regarding Tenant Law: At what point can we

Customer Question

My question is regarding Tenant Law: At what point can we start an eviction on a non-paying tenant?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The laws of your state dictate how much notice is to be given to a nonpaying tenant. Typically, the number is ***** Therefore, you would need to provide a 3 day notice and if the tenant does not pay the rent in full during that time, you can file the eviction. Again, the notice period depends on the state you rent the property in.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.