Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Landlord Tenant issues
19127644

Can I get forcibly displaced from my month-to-month rental

Customer Question

can I get forcibly displaced from my month-to-month rental if I only make a partial payment?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question. The landlord may file a petition with the court to have a tenant evicted if the tenant breaches the rental agreement (written or unwritten) in any way. That includes not paying rent in full. However, if the tenant deposits the full amount of rent with the court after they are served with the petition for eviction, the court will generally not grant the eviction. Also, of course, if the tenant pays the full rent to the landlord (and they accept it) before the court hearing, then the court will dismiss the eviction proceedings.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 8th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.