Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

How do I evict someone that has no written lease agreement

Customer Question

How do I evict someone that has no written lease agreement in my property?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

A person on an oral non written lease is considered to be on a month to month oral lease. Most states only require a landlord to give 30 days notice requiring no reason whatsoever to ask the tenant to vacate. This notice needs to be written and given to the tenant. If the tenant refuses to vacate the property, you can evict them like any other tenant on a written lease. There is no difference although it is easier to give notice to this type of tenant.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied. This will not cost you anything extra and simply ensures that I am compensated by the site for my work. I would really appreciate it if could could take this extra step for me.

Are you there? Did you have any further questions?