Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord and I share the front door entryway. s main

Customer Question

My landlord and I share the front door entryway. his main floor home has a large pocket door, and my 3rd floor apartment, aside from the main house door, has accordion doors partway up the stairs. they are for privacy...not for security, as that is the function of the front door.
I am involved in child dependency proceedings. A few weeks ago, I awoke from a mid-day nap hearing my caseworker in my hallway, knocking on by bedroom door. She said the landlord let her in. If it had been 4 or 5 years ago, (when this apartment was actually individual rooms for rent and one woman and son had their own cps issue) I might not have been taken aback. But this is the cases 3rd case worker, and my personal residence consisting of the top floor of this house had been clarified early in the case. Is she liable for tresspassing? and can she lawfully complain about an odor (turned out to be a mouse my cat killed) as grounds that my house is unsafe?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
my question is about cps tresspassing and unlawful entry...not landlord tennant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.

Is there a court order allowing entry?

awaiting your reply.