Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I have received an eviction notice giving me 14 days to

Customer Question

I have received an eviction notice giving me 14 days to vacate the premises.Exactly one month ago I received a certified letter stating I had 3 months to get my finances in order and to get current on my rent or I would be up for non lease renewal. Is what my landlord doing legal since my lease doesn't end until April?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What grounds does the landlord have to terminate the lease? Does the lease have a provision allowing for early termination?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If the lease does not expire until April and you are not in default then the landlord may not evict you and, if he tries, you can sue him or her for unlawful eviction and breach of contract.