MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I was just handed a writ by the sheriff, can I still pay the

Customer Question

I was just handed a writ by the sheriff, can I still pay the amount due?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You can exercise your right of redemption. California allows a party whose property has been foreclosed to reclaim that property by making payment in full of the sum of the unpaid loan plus costs one (1) year after foreclosure sale unless the original lender made a full price bid then that period is shortened to three (3) months.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am renting this apartment and fell behind due to unforeseen emergency I can have the money before the 7th which is the last day. What do I need to do , I may have it in the next two days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? It's my first time using this service not sure if you got my question or if you or so,done else will answer

You would need to get it to the landlord and get proof that you paid to present to the sheriff.