Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My question is he was asked / told in March 2015, to move s

Customer Question

My question is he was asked / told in March 2015, to move his belongings from my home in July 2015. While he was here June & July 2015, he was told to move them all before he left. He didn't. In September, October & November 2015, he said he would pay my car repair for the damage he did and then he would pay a storage company and either I would move his things to the storage unit or he would hire movers. He did neither. On November 27, 2015, He then blocked me on his phone and told me to stop calling or texting and texted my kids telling them to have me stop texting and calling him.
What are my rights and responsibilities for the situation? Can I do what ever I want? He left them and hasn't followed any agreement and then cut off contact. I maybe don't know the exact correct question to ask specifically so hopefully you can let me know my rights and responsibilities for the situation. I feel like I've typed the same points six different ways/
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you mean this to be a response to my question? If so, it's easier to have a conversation if we leave it to one thread :) I will type my response in that other thread. I just wanted to clarify what your question was because you mentioned several other issues (grand theft auto, damage to your car, social media, etc ) and wasn't sure if those were in any way related to your question. I think I have enough information now to give you an accurate and complete answer. I will ask that this thread be closed and I will give you your answer in the other thread. Thank you.