Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Signed 1 year lease with provision that fence fixed

Customer Question

Signed 1 year lease with provision that fence fixed electrical fixed & exsisting furniture moved out. On move in day none of provisions were done. Landlord said man coming to take care of it and go ahead and move in. Later called and said he would be there within a week and keep furniture or move it out yourself. I paid to have furniture removed. Once furniture was moved I found horrible exsisting problems in the house. I called and they ignored me. I moved out 2 days later. I go to court Friday what will happen?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you do a walk through of the place before you signed the lease?

2. What specifically caused you to move out----what were the "horrible existing problems"?

3. What state are you in?

Thanks in advance,

Doug