Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We,ve been living in a home. 30 yrs. the home was in the

Customer Question

we,ve been living in a home for approx. 30 yrs. the home was in the estate along w/other homes we,ve been putting thousands of dollars into the home believing my father-in-law was going to be will it us.now he wants us to pay rent up to $1500.00 a month when we were paying only $550.00 can I sue for the thousands we,ve put into the home in order for the up keep and raising the property value....is there any recourse? my name is Sam
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Did you have any communications by email, text or otherwise about how you would be compensated for the investments you put in the house? What did you tell your father in law at the time you made the investments? At the time he refused to sell the house to you what was discussed about his reason for refusing the sale or the money you had invested?

What state are you in?