Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I have a tenant that complain about a leak on the roof and

Customer Question

I have a tenant that complain about a leak on the roof and other issues in the house, but yet they never make arrangements for them to be taken care of. Their lease expired on October of this year and they live out their last month rent and said they were moving out. We were finally able to fix the leak on the roof and at that time she said if she could stay until the end of the year because they could not find a place to live in the are. She lived out her last month rent Sept/Oct; paid Oct/Nov and now as the rent is due on the 18th, she texted said that she was not paying rent because there is mold in the house and she is contacting health authorities. By the way for over three months she constantly is threatening us with reports to the authorities.
She never gives us access to the house. We try working with her schedule but during the day when we can get fix things she is sleeping and she will not answer the door, etc.
Now her rent was due November 18th, and here we go again. Im going to give her a 3 day notice, but I'm not sure if I need to add for the last month rent, and the current month. Thank you for your help
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Include any unpaid rent currently due at the time the forcible is filed. At the time the judgment is entered you will have an opportunity to prove up damages and add any further unpaid rent installments.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?