Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am gurantor termination 0f a rerntal lease in oakland

Customer Question

i am gurantor for eaely termination 0f a rerntal lease in oakland california and owners are placing a lein on my paycheck,
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you guaranteed a lease contract for another person, and that the other person breached the lease and the landlord sued you?

2. Have you been sued already? If so did you lose the suit?

3. What do you mean that a lien has been placed on your paycheck?

4. When did all of this happen?

Thanks in advance,

Doug