Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The land lord wants to charge me illegal charge. i got an

Customer Question

the land lord wants to charge me illegal charge. i got an approval from General manager that i can move from one unit to another for 3-4 days. i moved within 3 days. after few days the landlord started to send me an emails that i owe money for having 2 apartments. when i remind them that my moving was approved by the general manager - they said if i do not have anything in writing from the lease office team stating that - i have to pay (since i signed the lease agrrement, where it said that "i aware about the charge". the fact that manager approved me moving out for 3-4 days - they do not count. when i asked to show me the lease, signed by me, they could not do it, because i was never given to sign anything when i was moving in. they charge me now late fees and threaten that they will kick me out from the apartment if i do not pay. please, help me. i am full time working single mom, i can not protect my rights alone.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you ever sign a lease for the apartment? Do you have a copy of the lease, if you did? What does it say about the late/cancellation fees?

You already went to mediation? What was the outcome? Was it an impasse?