Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am looking regarding my rights as a tenant. We signed a

Customer Question

I am looking for information regarding my rights as a tenant. We signed a lease until June of 2017, and the owners of the property we live in have decided to sell the property. We were given verbal notice AFTER the property was already listed for sale. I know we don't HAVE to vacate, however we don't want to deal with the life disruption of showings, etc. I do not feel safe having a lockbox on my house with my 10 year old son. We would like to break our lease, but our landlords are not willing to release us from our lease until the house sells.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.