Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

My daughter signed a 12-month lease renewal in Huntsville,

Customer Question

My daughter signed a 12-month lease renewal in Huntsville, TX for Jan-Dec 2016 2 months ago and it indicates she is liable for the full lease period. The termination conditions were in the original lease she signed a year ago which was not in front of her at the time of renewal signing. Any hope for breaking the lease or will it come down to a negotiation with the landlord.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If she signed a new lease without termination provisions, this is a problem and she is going to legally bound by the lease terms if this goes to court. Her only hope would be to negotiate release IN WRITING with the landlord. Other than that, the Texas court would be bound and have no choice but to enforce the newest lease agreement she signed.