Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have to go to court tomorrow and I need a public defender

Customer Question

I have to go to court tomorrow and I need a public defender I am 67 yrs old and on ss,so ican't afford a lawyer and my granddaughter ,who is in the army can't get help .we wre given 12 days to move and the judge would not hear me,i have an adopted 9 yr old girl and my gd has a 2 yr old daughter and he still made us move and my gd in the army was on a training mission and wrote the court and the other att. ,and they said it wasn't enough,they had 3 wks notice ,I tried postponing but her lawyer who get back to me,so I don't know what to do . p.s. it wasn't for failure to pay rent,we paid on time.we need help court is nov. 18th at 9 am ..thank you ..edith dries #(###) ###-####we need help!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Public defenders are only for criminal cases.

What type of civil case is this? Is this a foreclosure? Eviction?