barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

Is it legal landlord to require me to get the house and

Customer Question

Is it legal for my landlord to require me to get the house and yards professionally exterminated upon my moving out if it was never stated in my lease or pet agreement?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

No, the entire contractual agreement that outlines each party's legal responsibilities is contained in the written lease contract.

.

So if it isn't in the lease contract that you are responsible for this type of action, then you can't be held responsible for it..

If the landlord is attempting to charge you for this, then it is entirely inappropriate and would give you legal grounds to sue him in small claims court if he withholds money from your security deposit for it.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks