Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My name was added to a mobile home title in may of 2015.

Customer Question

My name was added to a mobile home title in may of 2015. This was due to monies I was owed but the gentleman was unable to repay so he in essence gave me half of his trailer. I became involved with that same gentleman and stayed periodically with him at his trailer. We had wanted myself to live there full time bug the park fused to reconize me as a tenant. They would not put me on his lease and actually refused a $300 voucher from the city to pay current rent due. So as of 10/31/2015 I sold the trailer and the park owners ate telling the new owners that unless she pay $2,400 that they will seizetheir home. Is it even possible
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I see no basis for the seizure of the home or the amount demanded. The park may have rules and regulations and it would be applicable to all owners, but it cannot act arbitrarily and abuse its authority to detriment of owners.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if that is clear, and if I can clarify anything, please ask me.