LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

I own a moblie home in wyoming, in a moblie home park. I

Customer Question

I own a moblie home in wyoming, in a moblie home park. I havent been living there this past year. I have been visiting the property once or twice a mouth, I also have not been paying the lot rent. About three months ago when visiting the property I walk in the home and most of my property was missing, I was going to call the law when the neighbor told me he seen the trailer park owner removing my property form the home.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While the landlord certainly has the legal right to evict you based on non-payment of the lot rent, he does not have the right to break into your unit and steal things from it.

This is a criminal issue and you will want to report the theft to the police. You can also sue the landlord for the theft of your property and collect damages for the value of what was wrongfully taken.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug