Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I received a court hearing payment of rent. I will not have

Customer Question

I received a court hearing for non payment of rent. I will not have the money for a week but my hearing is tomorrow. What happens after this hearing and since I have not paid yet
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have not paid up and the landlord refuses to negotiate, the court at the hearing will order that you be evicted and if you do not leave in the time the court provides, they can send the sheriff to forcibly remove you. So, you need to try to negotiate this with the landlord to get him to agree, because without his agreement I am afraid he will get an order for you to leave the property or be forcibly be removed.