Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

I received a 3 day notice to quit what can I do if it wasn't

Customer Question

Hi I received a 3 day notice to quit for noise what can I do if it wasn't my fault
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got assaulted in my apartment I don't know what to do i have marks on my face and I put in a police report
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You can ignore the notice and perhaps the landlord will cool off and decide that may stay. If s/he moves ahead and files for eviction, then you can appear in court and contest it. Whether or not the incident you mention rises to the level of a breach of the lease will be up to the judge.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and that you will now enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.