LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

My 41 year old son is living in a trailer on mine and my

Customer Question

my 41 year old son is living in a trailer on mine and my husband's property ( his step father) we have been having issues with him not wanting to honor our request for reasonable time limits for coming and going. He or his guest wake us up at all hours of the night, do we have the legal right to give him a 30 day eviction
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As the owners of the property, and as your son is a tenant, you do have the right to give him a 30 day notice of termination of tenancy. If he does not then leave after 30 days, you will need to sue him for eviction.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to open a new question to ask a follow up. You wrote:

Yes you just responded to my question but there is more that you should know he doesn't pay rent or any utilities he is staying here for helping out on the property which he only helps if there is an argument to get him motivated and this is causing problems because my husband has already had a heart atac brought on by stress he doesn't need to go through it again. He is 74 years old and my son doesn't care

The fact that your son pays no rent or utilities does not matter. Legally he is still a tenant and can be evicted.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug