Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I've rented a house, which has mold. I got sick. The owner

Customer Question

I've rented a house, which has mold. I got sick. The owner hired Mold & environment company, got the report, that shows only some of the places with mold. The owner did not give me the report, and sent the company to do the mold treatment, without providing a temporary housing for the 48 hours period, as I requested, and without my consent. I got the report, and I want to get money that I paid to move in, plus more. what are my rights.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have various options. They include making written demand by letter with list of expenses. You may also file a civil lawsuit to recover. You may include local counsel to pursue such damages, supported by records, plus legal fees too. would you like a directory for that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unsatisfied with the answer. I got sick, was not able to work from home, nor invite anyone over, had to see the doctor, ordered expensive essential oils to purify the house, to stop allergy. Still don't feel well, and don't have money to find another housing. What are my rights? How to get maximum from the owner?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you file a civil lawsuit, normally insurer for owner will come in to investigate and on being provided proof of cause of injury and expenses incurred will settle. You can have an adjuster or lawyer involved to collect records showing the extent of injury and settle from there. Is that clearer?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me good or better, thank you.