Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My husband and I are living in an apt. building. 3rd fl.

Customer Question

My husband and I are living in an apt. building. 3rd fl. when I found out that the apt. on the
1st. fl. I went to the management ,,, filled out am app. and 2 days letter I was informed
that the apt. on the 1st. fl. is already re-rented , while the tenant still living on a month
to month rent. Don't we have the right to get the apt. because we already live in the property and we can use the Equal Opportunity concept.
We gave the mgmt. a note from the dr. stating my husband back and legs conditionto move to 1st. fl. apt.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Are you stating that you have been discriminated against based on your husband's medical condition?

.

Is there actually a new tenant living there or are they just telling you that they won't rent to you?

.

.

thanks