Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Okay -- Here's my question. I own a piece of retain property

Customer Question

Okay -- Here's my question. I own a piece of retain property in the City of Miami Beach. Several years ago I entered into a ground lease with an individual. About a month ago I'm informed by a third party that the person holding the ground lease sold it two years ago. My reaction was WHAT! There's nothing in the ground lease agreement that says he can up and sell the lease to someone. That ground lease agreement was between to parts, him and me. If he's sold the ground lease agreement hasn't he voided the agreement that the two of us had.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Have you actually confirmed whether the lease has been assigned to someone else?

.

Is there anything in the lease agreement that says that it can't be assigned to another party or subleased out without your approval?

.

Were you ever notified about the transfer?

.

Is the lessee still paying the agreed on rent to you?

.

.

thanks