Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I rented at arium johns creek apartment -- lease day --

Customer Question

I rented at arium johns creek apartment -- lease day -- 10/15/15 -- immediately he was greeted with roaches (multiple).. never was shown apartment prior to signing lease. Have done the 60 day termination of lease which will end on 12/20/15... is there any recourse or just stuck with the full term from 10/15 -- 12/20 --- NOTE: I have moved out as of 10/24/15 and give them the keys on 10/26/15...
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your lease guarantees you peaceable use and possession of a habitable premises. If they failed to provide you a habitable premises and failed to cure the breach of their lease with you, then you are entitled to sue them for damages which includes you recovering any deposit you made or any rent you paid for their providing you a premises that was not habitable because of the infestation. If they refuse to refund your money or try to demand more money, you can file a suit in small claims court against them for the damages and recovery of your money, including your costs of having to find another place.