Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I rented a storage space at public storage. I didnt got

Customer Question

I rented a storage space at public storage. I didnt got check on the space all the time. And back in June of this year 2015 I went and checked by opening my two locks on my unit. And noticed something was different. Found out the space next to me the wall was broken. I have pictures. No one asked if they could come in my space. Not only that I was burglarized. They changed mangers and found out by the new manager that the doors and gates were not properly locked and need to know what to do.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry to hear that you were burgled. Was this someone from the outside, or do you suspect that it was public storage employees who broke in? And to be clear, when you were so damaged, you did not pay rent and were behind. Is that correct?