Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Tenant gave notice on the 17th of Sept. -leaving the 17th of

Customer Question

Tenant gave notice on the 17th of Sept.
-leaving the 17th of October, thru a text message. Massachusetts. Tenancy at will, two days later changed mind and said I'm staying till the 31st. Improper notice,in order for me to rent out the apartment to a new tenant. She is hostile because she doesn't understand last month covers the whole month, she thought she could get money back if she left the 17th, and accused me of stealing her money.has two grown dogs who she crates all day long. They urinate on themselves. Smell becomes so bad I got a bloody nose before going to bed, next day I asked her to clean the kennels and she texted back "Stop harassing me" I stopped all communication w/her then. Two weeks latergot a ro against me. please advise
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, is this tenant under written contract or no? I am presuming that she pays rent from the 1st to the 31st, correct?