Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

Would this include landlord and renters rights?

Customer Question

Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if this category covers landlord and renters rights? If so, then yes. What is your legal question and what State does it pertain to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marsha I'm retiring for the evening and will send ? When I get a break. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Btw my state is Calif.

Alright, when ever you send it, I will respond as soon as I am available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I'm in a verbal agreement with my mother over staying in my deceased grandmothers house. The house was sitting for 3 years and I needed a place to stay. Meanwhile she, my mother is going thru a nasty divorce and insists she has to sell the house so I need to move immediately. She began coming to the house and screaming and raging hurling insults when I said I couldn't move right away. I'm currently on SSI disability and lost my strength in many ways, and only make $645 a month. . She wanted me out in 1 day then 3, called the police and had electricity taken off. I now have it in my name. I'm in a head spin and my mother has turned her anger onto me. She's seeing to get me out and filed with Fresno Co. Just waiting to get court date and my 5 days to evacuate. Need help knowing my rights and options
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

different expert here.

do you still need an answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you were given permission to stay you have tenancy rights. You cannot be removed by force or on such short notice. Normally the owner and you would agree on a vacate date a few weeks away, but otherwise you need to get notice and case filed in court which can take 1-2 months and gives you time to move without a rush. Practically best to work out a date and avoid court 30 days hence. Let me know if the answer is fast and clear. and kindly take a moment to rate me positively.