Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

My apartment leaks when ever it rains, it has months, the

Customer Question

my apartment leaks when ever it rains, it has for 27 months, the management did nothing to prevent reoccurrence. The last time water leaked thru all out walls of the apartment, for the first time they sent over workers to place fans in rooms, mold was
found under carpet, we have had health issues possibly related to the mold. Should I sue these people? They were mad aware of the flooding each and every time we were home and it flooded. I believe it flooded every time it rained...
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

are you asking what options are available to pursue a claim against landlord?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made them a settlement amount and I'm waiting for an answer. If they refuse, then I will want to pursue what ever options maybe be available.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a few options. You can file a civil lawsuit in court. That is the most direct and often prompts settlement. make sure to have back up documents to support the numbers including communications, receipts and estimates.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Other options include the attorney general office and dept of consumer affairs, but court is the most direct and recommended!