barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I was delivered a "Eviction Citation" by the

Customer Question

quot;For Barrier" I was delivered a "Eviction Citation" by the sherrif that states I need to be in court on Oct 23rd at 10:00am. I wioll be out of town on this date. Is there any form I can file at the court to delay this court date?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

,

To be very honest with you, if you are talking about 3 days from now, it is pretty unlikely that you could get a motion for a continuance in front of the judge before the court date. About the only way that you might be able to get it re-scheduled is if you submit a written request to the clerks to forward on to the judge who would then make a ruling on the day of court. But once again, it is probably pretty unlikely that the judge would agree to postpone the case without you or an attorney representing you actually appearing and asking personally for a continuance.

.

I am sorry that the news isn't better..

.

.

thanks