barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

My tenant gave me a handwritten notice 9/2/15 that she was

Customer Question

My tenant gave me a handwritten notice 9/2/15 that she was looking to move. There was a one year lease 10/27/2010 to 9/30/2011, after said term, this lease reverts to a month by month lease. I have shown the apartment and have someone that wants to sign a 1 year lease. I asked my current tenant when her move out date was and she said "when I find a place". She said the place she was going to move to fell through. She receives Section 8 (HANO) rental assitance and when I contacted them they recommend I start the process for eviction. I am heistant to do that since she has small children and it could effect her rental assitance.
What are my options in Louisiana? Legally what is the best option to get her to move out? Thank you, Wilma
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Is the tenant current on the rent?

.

Do you actually want her to move out?

.

.

thanks