Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

Thank you your inspector from J& Pest Control yesterday,

Customer Question

Thank you for sending your inspector from J&B Pest Control yesterday, 9/18/15. Since he found an infestation of bedbugs and their eggs in our apartment, 15 W 123rd Street #2C 10027, and you had sent a service request for bedbug inspection on 9/9/15 since you knew other units were affected but waited nine days until 9/18 to actually inspect our apartment, and since you and Syndy Ortiz did not give us a date or time frame for an extermination as of yesterday, 9/18/15, we have set up a first treatment extermination to take place tomorrow, 9/20/15, at 10am. This extermination will be performed by Odin Pest Management, previously known as LockhartRoyce Pest. We have spent almost $1500. One apt in our building has been sprayed 7 times and still has bed begs..
We have cleared our schedules to prepare our apartment for extermination. We also have spoken to multiple tenants in the building who have reported that they also have bedbugs, and today, 9/19/15, we witnessed a privately-contracted company exterminating Apartment 3D.
As you know, bedbugs spread from one unit to another both through cracks and crevices in apartments themselves and by attaching to luggage and clothing. Henceforth, we have no guarantee of avoiding another infestation in our apartment once it is thoroughly treated with cryogenic freezing of furniture, steam treatment, and insecticide treatment that is preventative, unless you thoroughly inspect AND exterminate all twenty-four apartment units in this building. If one apartment has it, all apartments are vulnerable.
Besides the number of repairs that have not taken place as requested in our apartment - including broken windows and a leaky radiator - we do not feel that Stellar Management has the best interest of the tenants in mind, and we have not seen appropriate action being taken to stop these bedbug infestations in this building. I just spoke to Santos, our supervisor, about this problem again and he screamed in my face, “You don’t talk to me! You talk to Stellar!” and I was actually concerned he was about to physically assault me. He continues to antagonize me whenever I seek his help, and it is his job to make sure the tenants are safe and the apartments habitable.
This is a financial burden upon us and other members of 15 W 123rd Street who have had to contract pest control ourselves to take care of this problem, and we will be sending you the invoice for the cost of the extermination.
I would like to advise you that we are organizing tenants .
Sincerely,
David McDonald and Pilar Millhollen, Tenants
PS This was a letter we sent to Tobias Sahl and Stellar Management. This is just one of many complaints throughout this 24 unit building.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

what can I answer for you about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another letter-of many- i wrote.Dear Tobias and Stellar Management,Thank you for the memo you or an associate put under our door today. Below is a scan of the memo. I am wondering why the memo failed to mention BED BUGS . We as tenants have extensive documentation of bed bugs and other problems that need attention in this building. Not just my unit (2C). We have photos, video recordings, audio recording, emails, etc. Many units need repairs. The following are just a few:Leaks
windows with cracks and/or don’t function properly
Black mold
bad plumbing/leaky toilets/sinks/bathtubs
holes in walls
broken doors
broken and leaking radiators
intercoms that do not work
crooked floors
appliances that are not replaced in a timely manner and broken
Mailboxes being blocked
Ceilings with water damage and droppingAll repairs should be done by licensed contractors. Plumbers, etc.The entire building should be treated for bed bugs, not just the apartments and common areas. Basement, shafts, walls, ceilings, elevator and shaft. every inch of the building should be inspected and successfully treated to insure conditions for all of us to live in an environment that is happy and hospitable.Landmark status. Everything on the front of the building should be returned to landmark status. All violations.We are still requesting all building permits and contractor/licenses for the past 3 years.We want to know why 11-15 W. 123rd does not register as a legal address.The building is organizing. As is our right.David McDonaldWhat are our legal options?Scan from Stellar:
/Users/Customer/Desktop/Stellar Memorandum Regarding Extermination 9:25.pdf
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

what are you trying to accomplish? Be provide that in a sentence or two. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Write letter that we will take legal action against Stellar Management to put them on notice that bed bugs will be clear and all repairs will be made. Court is an option.
Stellar Management*****10th Floor
NYC, NY 10038(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. A different professional here. Perhaps I can help assist you going forward.

We here cannot represent you off-site and cannot act as your attorneys. We cannot draft documentation with our letterhead for you as we cannot act as counsel. I can help edit your letter, or provide ideas, but cannot be that attorney for you. Please advise if that is acceptable to you!