Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

We gave somebody renting a house from us. We do not have a

Customer Question

We gave somebody renting a house from us. We do not have a lease, they were moving out by Sept. 30th 2015. They have not moved yet or paid rent for October. They are also behind $600.00 on their utilities! What can we do to get them out and to pay utilities? They still have a vehicle parked in the drive way and the house is in locked! They have moved the majority of their belonging out and I think they plan on returning for the rest and the vehicle! Thank you!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, the only way to legally remove the tenants whether there is a written lease or not is to pursue legal eviction through the local court and also lawsuit for any damages (unpaid rent / utilities) could be pursued through the local court.

Here is the link to the official ND Courts with the instructions related to filing and pursuing an eviction or you can hire a local attorney to help you evict the tenants and collect any damages:

http://www.ndcourts.gov/ndlshc/Eviction/INSTRUCTIONSFOREVICTION.pdf

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.