justiceb4all
justiceb4all, Arbitrator
Experience:  Attorney, Juris Doctor, Post Doctoral Degree - LLM in Federal Taxation, General Practice,
20073497

On the previous case, we went to Arbitration on 9/1/15. We

Customer Question

On the previous case , we went to Arbitration on 9/1/15. We waited and after an hour past the posted start time , the defendant failed to appear. I presented my case to the panel and was awarded $2715.50, which I know there is zero chance of
collecting, but was heartened by the fact that it was over.... or so i thought. The defendant filed an appeal from the arbitration award.... after a no show. He named only my wife Marijane as the defendant. Is he entitled to another bite of the apple? I spent
days preparing and worrying and at least 3 hours at the Arbitration plus travel, plus the $250 to have an Arbitration. Is it that easy to ignore his responsibility? Because he request an appeal , will he get it? Can I object to another trial? Does he not have
to show a serious reason for not attending the original arbitration? What are my options at this point? Am I to have any response to his Appeal to the Arbitration award. How long will it take to get a new trial date ? Thank You, ***** *****
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  justiceb4all replied 1 year ago.

In what state do you reside ?

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea, this question relates to the previous question that you answered for me, which was how we got to arbitration here in Media , Delaware county.

The way that the Court of Common Pleas works and what the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure state is that any case where the amount in dispute is less than $50,000, must go to Arbitration where it is heard by a Panel of three Attorneys. I am a Delaware County Attorney and all the Attorneys are required to sit on an Arbitration Panel at least two times a year to hear and decide cases.

The Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure provide that either party has the right to appeal and have the case heard by a Judge and, unfortunately, sometimes you will find litigants who are not considerate of the opposing party's time and will file an Appeal in order to have the case heard by a Judge. There is nothing that the other party can do because the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure provide both parties the same right to appeal and have the case heard by a Judge, and, unfortunately, the other party cannot object to this,

If I have Answered your question completely, please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, This is the only way that JustAnswer gives us credit . Thank you for understanding.

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much does it cost to have a trial by judge ? Who has paid the cost of the arbitration?
Who will be required to pay for a trial by judge?
Are there no consequences to just not showing up for arbitration?
If I don't like the decision of the judge , can I appeal that ?
If it goes before a judge , will both parties be required to have an attorney?

Hi, Tom,

I have Answered all of your questions with full and complete Answers, despite the $8 value placed on your question, but you have not left a positive rating for any of my Answers, so I hope that you will understand that I must respectfully ***** ***** of your question since you have now asked an additional 6 questions,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA ​