MDLawyer
MDLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years in legal practice. Over 5 years in advising clients on landlord/tenant issues, including on a pro bono basis.
16277701

In Florida can an HOA limit rentals to imidiate family

Customer Question

In Florida can an HOA limit rentals to imidiate family members? This regards ***** ***** condos.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. In what city and county in FL is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Naples Florida in Collier County
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

There is no law either federal or state that includes non-family members in its anti-discrimination statutes. Therefore, at this time no legal prohibition to such a requirement although there could be potential legal challenges. I have looked up to see if there are any laws in Collier County that would make it discriminatory to prohibit non-family members from renting a home and I cannot find any such statute.

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see that you requested a phone call. Since we do not have an attorney-client relationship, I cannot engage in a phone call but if you have a follow-up question, I'd be more than happy to help you if you reply back to me.