Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

My daughter is in a private dormitory facility in San Luis

Customer Question

Hello.... My daughter is in a private dormitory facility in San Luis Obispo. She recently posted a negative review on Yelp and now they want to kick her out. In the lease it says, "Lessee agrees to vacate the premises within three days of written notice from Lessor if Lessee has violated the terms of this lease agreement."
My daughter has not violated any terms. Can they make her leave?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Is there any sort of behavior or conduct standards listed in the lease? Or posted as rules and regulations for living in the dorm (and agreed to when she signed the lease)?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If she deletes the review, they can't make her leave, anyway. But I don't see how posting a review could be a lease violation in the first place, so she shouldn't have to do that.