barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I am in the process if getting evicted from my apartment, i

Customer Question

I am in the process if getting evicted from my apartment, i was given a 5 day notice to pay or vacate, which because i didnt have the money at that time could not pay. I am still occupying the apartment, my landlord text me the other day and told me that it has been a month since she received my last rent payment and text me to vacate. I text her back saying i can now pay her everything that i owe her in past rent + any late fees. My question is: if i pay everything that is owed to her can she still go ahead with the eviction process?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Has she actually given you a written paper 5 day notice to pay or vacate? (not the text)

.

.

thanks