Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

My landlords did not provide me with a copy of the lease. I

Customer Question

My landlords did not provide me with a copy of the lease. I requested a copy on the day I signed the lease, and twice more after that. They could have mailed it to me to two different addresses, but no lease copy has been sent to me. The property I rented is unacceptable, which I have found out over the two months I have rented it. Are they (the landlords) in violation of the lease for not providing me with a copy of the lease? Was it up to me to hound them to give me a copy? This is taking place in the state of Georgia.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Lorn, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You should certainly not have to hound them to get a copy, but, in and of itself, it is not grounds to terminate the lease. However, if the property is not habitable, or not in the condition required under the lease then you have a claim against the landlord for breach.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?