philip.simmons
philip.simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years experience in the law
11181181

When they showed me tha place, it was a garage that closed

Customer Question

For P Simmons , when they showed me tha place , it was a garage that closed and opened with a magnetic card, now I am living in a building with a garage gate open 24/7
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...but I am not sure I understand the question...are you asking if you can void the contract because of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody could walk into the garage and then into the building , is this normal, that they are allowed to rip people off?

When you negotiated the lease, was the security system in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, yes!!!! And they said to us you'll be given a magnetic card, and they did when we moved and it was ok, until they vandalized our garage a few weeks ago and now it is like a publi space
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am terrified to live in this place and I am still paying them back 1000 dollars they discounted when we signed the lease, I am paying for these two coming months , isn't this enough

Thanks

That would be a basis to void the contract. That is, if you negotiate the lease with the assurances you would have the security and subsequent to your lease being formed the security was removed? You can demand the landlord correct this...and if they refuse? That would be a basis to walk away from the lease without having to pay any fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls, could you tell me what happens normally in court, courts know that no lease reads WE PROMISE YOUR GARAGE WILL NEVER BE OPEN, do people go to jail over this? How would they come after me exactly? How much is this a rigged deal to favor the owners of the buildings?