Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I perches' a house in lake Havasu and it showed signs of

Customer Question

I perches' a house in lake Havasu and it showed signs of termites but was treaded and the termite co which treaded the house said it was old before treatment. But now I see more damage on the same truss in the bed room where they looked. are they responsible to replace that damage?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you purchase home insurance warranty when you bought the home?

Did you have an inspection done on the home prior to purchase, including the required termite inspection? If so what did the inspection state?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made them purchase home warranty "
was treated and called out to inspect again in front of me, and said it was old and they were dead and now it shows tubes coming down from ceiling .

If you have the home warranty company, first thing to do is call them out again and call a termite company as well to inspect. If this is determined by the termite company to be new damage, the warranty company would be liable to you for payment. If they do not pay, then you have grounds to sue the seller for the costs of repairing the damage if the damage is determined to be new damage. You do need a professional expert to come out and make the written report that it is new damage and then you can sue the previous inspector and also the seller and warranty company, as they are all liable to you for the damages.