Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I have lived in my home next month, I have paid then rent

Customer Question

I have lived in my home for year next month, I have paid then rent each month as well. Last Friday I received an email and then a letter stating my lease would not be renewed wihtout cause. Here is my question....MY rental home is INCOME QUALIFIED thru the City of Sonoma Affordable Housing Program. I have been told this is not a typical non lease renewal process. What are my rights and how much time do my 2 kids and I have to find a place? Do I Have
to file a motion with the court or Fair Housing Dept.?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wheres my answer????
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry for any delay, but the experts are not employees of the site and are working with multiple customers at one time and they all deserve the same time that you deserve, so replies may take some time to be received. I appreciate your understanding of that.

Is your landlord getting out of the Income Qualified program? What is the reason he is giving for non-renewal?

Does your lease itself state that the landlord has a right to not renew the lease without cause?

We need to know the information from you to provide a thorough answer for you.