Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

Can you be sued landlady's panties in her cubord

Customer Question

can you be sued for touching landlady's panties in her cubord
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, you cannot be sued for touching her panties in the cubord, but you can be evicted for invading her privacy for being in there when you had no business doing so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You ..she is asking me to leave within 24hrs and changing me 1000$ for replacing her underwear and cleaning her and my room.Am I legally liable to pay?Can I be sued for non payment?

Thank you for your reply.

If you did not do any damage to her underwear, you owe her no money at all. If you are a tenant, she must give you at least 30 day notice to leave in writing, she cannot just tell you to get out in 24 hours and if she locks you out that would be an illegal eviction. You are responsible for leaving a clean premises when you leave, but she cannot charge you $1000 if there was no $1000 worth of actual damages she can prove caused by you.