CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

I live and work in LA as an artist. My studio is a live/work

Customer Question

HI! I live and work in LA as an artist. My studio is a live/work space. I want to give my landlord a 30 day notice in the middle of the month. Is that possible and would that mean that I pay half of the next month's rent, or is that not possible and I have to give 30 day notice at the beginning of the month (or whenever) as long as I pay another full month's rent.
Thanks!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You may give 30 days notice at any point during the month.

You do owe rent for the entire period that you are in possession, but if it is a partial month, you will only owe the pro-rated rent for that month (divide the rent by the number of days in the month and multiply by the number of days you will be in the unit).

For more detailed information see: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/moving-out.shtml