Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Greetings Lucy...the non-custodial parent in our support

Customer Question

Greetings Lucy...the non-custodial parent in our support case provided a false document in court on Aug. 20 for an employer that has been confirmed that he is not currently working for, yet my children's support amount has been calculated based on the information in this false document. What is my recourse here?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

As long as he was not working for that employer on Aug. 20, you have the ability to file a Motion for Relief from Judgment, based on fraud on the court. You'd want to attach an affidavit from the employer. The judge would probably request a hearing, and you could subpoena the employer to come testify. If the judge finds that the support order is based on false or fraudulent figures, then he'll rescind the court order and hold a new hearing to determine the correct support amount.