barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

A friend has asked me to accompany me on a two month

Customer Question

A friend has asked me to accompany me on a two month vacation.
I have lived in a supportive housing project for four years, and this is a wonderful opportunity for me (I am wheelchair bound).
I told my housing manager that I am planning to take this two month vacation, and will be leaving my apartment for that period of time, but my adult son will be checking in to my apartment from time to time to see that all is well.
The housing manager called me back, and informed me that under the Landlord and Tenant act, I can only leave my apartment for one month at the time, maximum.
I countered, asking him what do I need to do then? He said that I need to come back for one day in the two month period so to break up the two month absence.
I can't imagine that this is so, and have researched it but can't find anything on that topic.
is he right?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Is there anything in your written lease about an extended absence?

.

.

thanks