MDLawyer
MDLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years in legal practice. Over 5 years in advising clients on landlord/tenant issues, including on a pro bono basis.
16277701

I applied apartment with a roommate in douglus county at the

Customer Question

I applied for an apartment with a roommate in douglus county at the end of August. I cross my t's and dotted my i's basically paid $100 deposit, paid $150 reservation fee, paid to have the utilities turned on gas electric water etc. my move in date was Sept 18. the day that we were supposed to move in which was Friday they told my roommate that I have something criminal on my background in Florida I have never been in trouble in Florida or got arrested or went to court for anything. they told me that I would have to get it straight before I could move in. Is there anything that I could do seeing they release personal information not knowing whether it was true or not. are the fact that they waited to the last minute and made it seem like we were good to move in as we had to do was sign the paperwork or lease. now we are stuck in a hotel because we thought that we were clear to move in
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I do hope that I can assist you this evening.

What legal information exactly are you seeking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if the apartment office manager has violated any
rights by releasing sensitive info and also if I can seek compensation for them making me think I could move in and was approved when that wasn't the case
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

To whom did the office manager release information to and what specifically did they release?

Did you ever receive a call or letter after you filled out the application stating that you were approved?