Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Landlord Tenant issues
19127644

I had a fiancé who died about 6 months ago I found m in s

Customer Question

I had a fiancé who died about 6 months ago I found him in his house dead I was on his lease and I cosigned for some furniture we had together the daughter came in and the landlord gave everything to them I was wondering if o have acase to sue daughter and landlord now the ex wife is living with the furniture in her house
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, if you paid for the furniture, at least in part, or can prove co-ownership, you would have the right to the value of your part of the furniture. A court would not generally order the return of the furniture unless there was a clear delineation of who owned which piece, since his heirs would be entitled to his portion of the value of the furniture (assuming he didn't have a Will that left it all to you).

So, you could file suit against both parties for, as mentioned, at least half the value of the furniture.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to attempt to assist you further if I can. If not, if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the boax above, I will receive credit for my work.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 15th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.