Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

I have a landlord 5 years and have since bought our own home

Customer Question

I have a landlord for over 5 years and have since bought our own home as of aug.6 15 we payed aug rent and begun moving out of the rented home on the 11th of aug. we ask for prorated money left in the month of aug and requested our deposit of 800.00 and the landlord refurse to give back our deposit as well as the prorated money for the month of aug. the landlord rented the home to us knowning full well that the basement flooded everytime it rain that caused us to loose a lot of furture and coppet rugs. and then it set up mold and mildew and he would not address any of the fixing of his home that left us to fix and paint as we lived there. we were on a one year lease and then he told us word of mouth that we didn't have to worry about another lease after the year least was up and we could go on month to month until we moved on our own. now he are having problem out of him and not addressing any of our money that we are to recive back. and not only that I had told him of the mold and meldew after the storm that destroyed a lot of the property and he would not fix any thing and now it comes a time that I need to take him to court for non refund and mold and mildew that we would not take of
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

When does your lease terminate? As far as the mold issue that you are describing, when and how did you communicate that to the landlord? Was it in writing?